Thank you for purchasing Our products.
For optimum performance and safety, please read these instructions carefully before connecting, operating or adjusting this product.
Please keep our manual for future reference.
These products are 100% inspected and tested in Shenzhen Factory to verify HDMI performance parameters.
- Do not expose this unit to water, moisture, or excessive humidity.
- Do not install or place this unit n a built-in cabinet, or other confined space without adequate ventilation.
- To prevent the risk of electrical shock or fire hazards, due to overheating, do not obstruct the unit’s ventilation openings.
- Do not install near any source of heat, including other units that may produce heat.
- Do not place the unit near flames.
- Only clean unit with a dry cloth.
- Unplug the unit during lightning storms, or when not used for an extended period of time. A surge protector is strongly recommended.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched, particularly at the plugs.
- Use the unit only with accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Refer all servicing to qualified personnel.
HDMI is a very complex technology requiring continuous authentication of the signal and the same video resolution and audio settings on all electronic equipment in the system. When there are multiple sources and displays, the video resolution and audio setting on all connected units must be adjusted to correspond with that of the display having the lowest video and audio capability.
1. Best results are usually achieved when the source and display resolutions are the same. If resolutions differ, the splitters will try to adjust the signal to match the resolution of the HD TV with the lowest resolution. This will result in a picture with a lower resolution on the other HD TV sets.
2. If you do not get audio and video see if you can use the “set-up” menu on the TV to adjust the audio settings and the video settings. If the HDMI control circuit can’t establish a hand-shake, then there usually will be no audio or video and a blue or black screen with a statement like “this protocol not supported” or “weak signal”.
3. If you get the above messages, re-set the Transmitter by disconnecting the power supply. Alternately, you can disconnect all of the HDMI and power cables, wait 10 or 15 minutes for any voltages to decay and then connect all of the cables from the source, to the Transmitter and to the display.
4. If you still have trouble, then try the “hot-plug concept. Turn on the source and plug the HDMI cable to it and then power-up the Transmitter and plug the cable into it, then plug the output cable into the Receiver and finally turn-on the display and plug the HDMII cable from the Receiver into it. This activates all of the devices in order and results in a signal being plugged-in to a device that is on and will try to connect to the signal.
5. Most of the major player and display manufacturers employ a proprietary control channel to communicate between devices from the same manufacturer. Sometimes this can interfere with the HDMI control circuit or the authentication of the signal. Call the manufacturer if you experience this problem. Sometimes a player, an audio/video receiver, or a cable/satellite box may not have the latest software update and needs to have this downloaded from the manufacturer’s web site.
6. If the above actions do not result in a satisfactory result, focus attention on the Cat 5e or Cat 6 cables used. The HDMI signals run at digital data rates, which are at least ten times faster than for conventional Ethernet. If 8-position modular plugs are attached in the field, the connection may not be able to support the HDMI signal. This is why factory terminated assemblies are strongly recommended. To determine if the field-assembled cables are at fault, move the source close to the display and connect with a 3 ft or 6 ft computer cable assembly.
7. If you have problems with the IR control circuit, make sure that the IR RX pigtail is plugged into the extender receiver and pointed at the display and the IR TX pigtail is attached to the extender sender and pointed at the source. Click here for more products.
Every effort has been made to ensure that this product is free of defects. The manufacturer of this product cannot be held liable for the use of this hardware or any direct or indirect consequential damages arising from its use. It is the responsibility of the user and installer of the hardware to check that it is suitable for their requirements and that it is installed correctly. All rights are reserved. No parts of this manual may be reproduced or transmitted by any form or means electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage or retrieval system without the written consent of the publisher.
Manufacturer reserves the right to revise any of its hardware and software following its policy to modify and/or improve its products where necessary or desirable. This statement does not affect the legal rights of the user in any way.
With the exceptions noted in the next paragraph, Sinowell warrants to the original purchaser that the equipment it manufactures or sells will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of five years from the date of purchase. Should this product, in Sinowell’s opinion, prove defective within this warranty period, Sinowell, at its option, will repair or replace this product without charge. Any defective parts replaced become the property of Sinowell. This warranty does not apply to those products which have been damaged due to accident, unauthorized alterations, improper repair, modifications, inadequate maintenance, and care, or use in any manner for which the product was not originally intended.
Items integrated into Sinowell products that are made by other manufacturers, notably computer hard drives and liquid crystal display panels, are limited to the term of the warranty offered by the respective manufacturers. Such specific warranties are available upon request to Sinowell. A surge protector, power conditioner unit, or a uninterruptible power supply must be installed in the electrical circuit to protect against power surges.
If repairs are needed during the warranty period the purchaser will be required to provide a sales receipt or other acceptable proof of purchase to the seller of this equipment. The seller will then contact Sinowell regarding warranty repair or replacement.
In case of problems, please contact Sinowell Technical Support by e-mail at email@example.com or call 86-13728685427. When calling, please have the Model Number, Serial Number (affixed to the bottom of the unit), and Invoice available for reference during the call.
Please read this Instruction Manual prior to calling or installing this unit, since it will familiarize you with the capabilities of this product and its proper installation.
All active electronic products are 100% inspected and tested to insure highest product quality and trouble-free installation and operation. The testing process utilizes the types of high-definition sources and displays typically installed for entertainment and home theater applications.
For additional information, such as helpful installation videos, glossary of terms, etc. please visit www.sz-sinowell.com