- Do not use this product in the extreme hot, cold, dusty or humid environments.
- Prevent friction with hard objects.
- Avoid the product falling down from a high place, or it may damage the hardware.
- The product is not water proofed. So do not get any liquid into the unit please.
- Do not dismantle, assemble or alter the product arbitrarily.
The CAT5e/6 cable canNOT be placed underground, outdoor, and between buildings. It must be placed with extenders indoor.
Installation details and cautions
- Before installation
- Prepare place for installing system. The transmitter should be close to video sources, and the receiver should be close to display terminals. The HDMI cables should be less than 1.5 meters.
- Based on real request, make CAT5e/6 cables for connecting the transmitter and the receiver. The length can NOT be more than the distance of parameters.
- CAT5e/6 cables should be far away from electromagnetic disturbance sources. Such as AC motors, electro-soldering, fluorescents, microwave ovens, etc. These disturbance sources might affect extending distance or video quality.
- Ensure the length of cable is suitable, no external tensions.
- Ensure reliable AC plug base.
After finishing all steps above, the system is workable, follow below steps.
- Ensure the video source and the display terminal are power on.
- Ensure all input, output cables are connects.
- Inset TX and RX power adapters into power plug bases.
- Power indicator will light.
- It takes about 2~3 seconds to finish EDID and other initialization automatically.
- The transmitter video indicator will light; it means the input video signal is OK. Then the receiver video indicator will light, which means output video signal is OK.
- At this time, the display terminal will show the same format video that the video source sends out.
Remote IR function
Using video source’s (such as Blue-ray DVD) IR controller faces extender RX side IR receiver. IR signal will be transmitted to extender TX side IR output port, to control video source directly.
Bi-direction RS232 function
Bi-direction RS232 Baud rate configuration
Refer to the user manual, HDMI USB KVM Cat5e/6 Extender support bi-direction RS232 communication, and the default data rate is set to 57600bps. In case of avoiding some potential misconfigured user data input.
USB HID mouse and keyboard function pass back function
USB HID mouse and keyboard pass-back function.To use this function, PC system must be Windows XP or upper version. In Windows system, USB HID devices are plug and play, no need drivers. The transmitter unit has USB type-B connector, receiver unit has two USB type-A connectors, one is for mouse, and the other one is for keyboard. When extender system is installed, if receiver side mouse and keyboard can control transmitter side PC, it means mouse and keyboard function is workable.
EDID call back function
Products support EDID call back function. Receiver unit will read EDID from display terminal, and then pass this EDID information to transmitter unit. The transmitter unit will update internal NVRAM to save new EDID information, and inform video source to read updated EDID information. This function is automatic, no need to setup by customers.This function is to keep maximum compatibility.
CECpass through function
Products support CEC pass through function. When the system is powered on, CEC pass through is built automatically.
No output on display terminals
Check transmitter and receiver power first. And then check if transmitter unit video indicator is light. If it is not, check video source please. If it is, check receiver unit video indicator. If receiver video indicator is not light, check CAT5e/6 cable please. If length of cable is longer than maximum distance, the system is not workable. Refer to manual parameters segment to get more details of distance. If receiver video indicator is light, check HDMI cable and display terminal please.
Remote IR is not workable
Check transmitter and receiver power first. Ensure both TX and RX power and video indicators are light. And then check CAT5e/6 cable please. Check if IR blaster unit connects to extender receiver unit, and close to display terminals. And check if remote controller faces to IR receiver.
USB mouse and keyboard are not workable
Check transmitter and receiver power first. Ensure both TX and RX power and video indicators are light. Check if CAT5e/6 cable length is longer than maximum distance. Refer to manual parameters segment to get more details of distance.USB mouse and keyboard is workable before connecting to this system. And check if USB mouse and keyboard are Windows compatible HID devices.
RS232 function is not workable
Check transmitter and receiver power first. Ensure both TX and RX power and video indicators are light. Check if CAT5e/6 cable length is longer than maximum distance. Refer to manual parameters segment to get more details of distance. Check if choosing the right RS232 port, transmitter and receiver must work at the same data rate. Refer to manual bi-direction RS232 function to get more details.
USB TO PC cable hot-plug issue
When you do USB TO PC cable hot-plug, there have a known possibility that PC will lose USB mouse and Keyboard enumeration in current software version. It is possible that mouse and keyboard function can recover with more USB TO PC cable hot-plugs, but the more reliable solution is to repower TX or RX units. This issue will be fixed in next software version.